Search for content in message boards

POPE

Replies: 5
Posted: 6 Feb 2013 5:32AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Elizabeth Ann Pope, Daughter of John Pope Married Demitrius Carra from Great Western in Victoria. demitrius was the son of a Greek Shipping Magnet, Stantos Carras. They owned several ships one which was shipwrecked off the North Coast of NSW, The Carramaria, Dimitrius made his fortune in the Arrarat/Bendigo goldfields. Dimetrius owned many properties including the Carra Ship Inn in Warnambool Victoria. The Carra family is a large family with Dimitrius and Elizabeth having 14 children.HIs daughter Elizabeth Carra Barton was an opera singer and married Albert Dillop in Tasmania. Dimitrius and Elizabeth's Thier first born son Edward Carra Married Margrett Serong (Hope I got the spelling right) look up the family tree for Carra. Edward was a gold miner and adventurer he died in a cave in his gold mine in Borneo, Margrett ran the hotel and inn in Warnabool,and a boarding house in Pascoe Vale Melbourne Victoria.Her two nephews Patrick and William Serong played in the 1957 Collingwood VFL premiship side. she also Had 14 Children one of which My Grand father Hubert Randolf Carra Married to Charlotte Butler My Father was Hubert Carra Married to Dorithy Patrica Evans.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Linda Walsh 27 Jul 2002 1:25PM GMT 
LeighNado 28 Jul 2002 5:21AM GMT 
Linda Walsh 28 Jul 2002 5:39AM GMT 
cleghorns192 17 Apr 2010 2:22PM GMT 
THaagsma 5 Sep 2010 12:09PM GMT 
PatJCarra 6 Feb 2013 12:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions