Searching for granddaughters of John Deane Wells, the musician

Replies: 2

Searching for granddaughters of John Deane Wells, the musician

Dr Marguerite Wells (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2006 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Apr 2006 9:21PM GMT
Surnames: Wells, Mason
I would very much like to contact my third cousins, daughters of Ormond George Deane Wells. I believe he had three daughters but I don't know their names. They are granddaughters of John Deane Wells the musician (born 1874 and died about 1951?) and his wife Tot.

On 26 July 1910, J. Deane Wells, music teacher, aged 36, married Mary Mason, aged 35 (Tot, daughter of Tom and Sarah Mason) at 916 Johnson Street, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Their son, Ormond George Deane Wells (George) was born about 1912? and when I met him in the 1980s he lived in Sandringham, Melbourne, Australia.

Dr Bill Brooks, a musicologist at the University of York in the UK ( http://music.york.ac.uk/staff/academic/william_brooks/) is writing a book on the sixty settings of In Flanders Fields, of which J. Deane Wells's setting is the best known. I am helping Bill Brooks research "Cousin Deane" (he was my grandfather's cousin) and we would very much like to contact his descendants. Hoping to hear from them.

Dr Marguerite Wells
sycorax@ihug.com.au

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dr Marguerite Wells 14 Apr 2006 9:42PM GMT 
michelehutch1... 29 Jul 2006 2:56AM GMT 
gill_luke 2 Aug 2013 10:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions