Search for content in message boards

Colin & Catherine McCrae of Melbourne/Yarra, Victoria, Aus.

Replies: 20

Re: Royse family connections - UK - Australia - New Zealand

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Royse McCrae Watson Darwent
Hello Gary

Hi there cousin (however many times removed). Presume you reside in UK? Shame we were not far enough down the track with our researches to have been able to connect when you visited NZ.

I recently got William Royse's Birth Certificate from UK GRO, b. 6 Apr 1838 to Isaac Royse (occupation Joiner) and Rachel (nee Darwent), however did not establish details of either Isaac or Rachel's parents. Do you have documentary evidence that Jeremy and Ann (Nancy) Royse were Isaac's parents??

As you no doubt know Castleton was a hotbed of Royse's making their fortunes in the Industrial Revolution from their lead mines. My main source on Castleton Royses is this info: http://genforum.genealogy.com/royce/messages/931.html
but I'm unsure of the accuracy. I'm intending to contact the author and query him and contribute my genes, just haven't got around to it yet.

I'm also interested in the Darwent connections, because when William Royse first went to Australia aged about 21 he soon became a shipping agent in NZ, representing Joseph Darwent, ship owner of Adelaide, who must have been a relative, uncle? http://www.flotilla-australia.com/saother.htm#darwent

Keen to keep this investigation going and unravel the threads, best regards Paul Royse.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
colonialboy 21 Nov 2012 4:48AM GMT 
colonialboy 30 Nov 2012 1:34AM GMT 
gmbb59 5 Feb 2013 4:24AM GMT 
colonialboy 5 Feb 2013 9:04AM GMT 
Alistair_Roys... 13 Mar 2013 10:17AM GMT 
colonialboy 13 Mar 2013 9:06PM GMT 
colonialboy 18 Mar 2013 12:59AM GMT 
Alistair_Roys... 18 Mar 2013 4:14AM GMT 
AllanBullock 9 Oct 2008 3:25AM GMT 
dunlopdm 10 Oct 2008 11:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions