Search for content in message boards

Joeseph Henry McClatchie/McClutchie

Replies: 4

Re: Joeseph Henry McClatchie/McClutchie

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 6:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McClutchie/Gardener
Hi...Joseph William McClutchiw did enlist with the New Zealand Maori contingent between aprox 1814-1817. You can find the details about that in the war rolls on this website....He was the son of Henry George McClutchie who was the son of Henry Gardener McClutchie who married my nan Ripeka Paewa (aka Ripeka Paewa Waipata or Te Whatiwha maiden name) and Ripeka Te Rito from her marriage to my Papa Te Rito Mete Te Rangi whom she outlived. they had one child HOne Te Rito Mete Te Rangi. According to our whakapapa Joseph had lots of brothers and sisters named Henry George, Benjamin, Joseph, Thomas, William, Erana, Hohaia and Kararaina. You can find their names on the electoral rolls in New Zealand early 1900's as living in Tuparoa and voting in the Bay Of Plenty district. It appears Henry the first was a station holder at Pakihiroa station in Ruatorea to which my family are heavily connected. it also appears that this is where he possibly could have met my nan as her whanau owned that land and still do to this day. incidentally it still remains a thriving cattle, sheep and forestry industry for my people. I hope it is because of his stabilising influence and farming continuity that we can say he contributed to its ultimate success.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
fshauparoa 18 Jul 2010 6:13AM GMT 
jogregory121 23 Jul 2010 11:26AM GMT 
fshauparoa 11 Apr 2011 2:56AM GMT 
ngaiwikau 9 Feb 2011 6:55AM GMT 
Anthony whait... 16 Mar 2013 12:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions