Search for content in message boards

Help with 'Lofipo' from Saleaula

Replies: 17

Re: Help with 'Lofipo' from Saleaula

Posted: 19 Jan 2014 1:16AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Lofipo
Hey , my Dad's family is from Salamumu , my Dad always tells us histories about Salamumu and where the people of Salamumu use to originate , Salamumu is divided into 2 settlements , Salamumu (Uta) and Salamumu (Tai) although Salamumu is one whole village , There is a district called Gaga'emauga , this district is allocated in Savai'i , where the Lofipo's and Alofipo's were settled at Sale'aula with other people with different surnames that i do not know of. Around the 1900's a volcano erupted , i think the Volcano was named Mt.Matavanu , this eruption created strong hot lava that destroyed and swept away villages including a village called Salago the village that no longer exists anymore , during the explosion there was a grave , buried beneath this grave was a taupou (nun) , the lava went round this grave and didnt destroy it , pretty weird how that happened , but we all know Samoa and its ghost histories , the Sale'aula land was covered by lava and today the land is buried by lava rocks , at the time of the eruption people of Sale'aula ran away leaving other people behind and found settlement in the main island Upolu , these people created the villages "Salamumu" and "Leauva'a" , even though Salamumu and Leauva'a are allocated in Upolu , the 2 villages are still part of the Gaga'emauga district of Savai'i , so if your part of the Gaga'emauga district , and your from any of these villages Avao, Fagamalo, Le'auva'a (enclave on Upolu island), Lelepa, Matautu, Mauga, Safa'i, Saleia, Patamea, Salamumu (enclave on Upolu island), Samalae'ulu and Sato'alepai , we will recognize each others surnames , the people who own Salamumu are the Lofipo's and most of them are related , I just came back from Salamumu on the 15 of Jan 2014 , I have heard many histories about Salamumu , even Ghost histories with in the Salamumu Village , those Ghosts are still heard today , one of those Ghosts is a Teine Sa , most villages in Samoa , should have a Teine Sa , a girl who protects the village , in Salamumu , our Teine Sa sits on the Papa's (Rocks) on the nice blue Salamumu beach , there are 4 papa's (Rocks) 3 of those Big Cliff rocks are dirty and have grass growing on them , the Teine Sa sits on the Last cliff rock right at the end , and it is the cleanest cliff rock , she sits on the clean one , there is a meaning to the name Salamumu , the village name Salamumu has something to do with the eruption , i think mumu is the red hot lava , not sure what Sala is , i remember my dad telling me what it stand for but i had forgotten. There is so much to tell but theres far too much history behind Salamumu and its related villages. But that is all for now , thanks for taking time to read this :)
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
shortem 17 Jun 2010 3:51AM GMT 
skaufusi703 10 Jan 2011 2:39PM GMT 
ktuaau84 8 Sep 2011 5:05AM GMT 
NaomiTuilagi 24 Nov 2011 3:01PM GMT 
arionaperosi 9 Oct 2012 6:10PM GMT 
Elijah Lofipo 19 Jan 2014 8:16AM GMT 
lofipo sineva... 14 Mar 2014 7:24PM GMT 
mrmlevao 6 Jan 2011 11:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions