Search for content in message boards

VILIKOKA

Replies: 3

Re: VILIKOKA

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 9:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jul 2005 2:09PM GMT
Surnames: Cocker, Vilikoka
THE "VILIKOKA" FAMILY OR WHAT THE REAL FAMILY NAME SHOULD BE IS "WILLIAM COCKER". THE WILLIAM COCKER FAMILY IS A VERY PROMINANT FAMILY NAME IN THE "KINGDOM OF TONGA". WILLIAM COCKER WAS A "BRITISH COUNSELLOR" TO THE ISLAND OF FIJI BACK IN THE MID-1800'S. DON'T KNOW THE EXACT DATE BUT HE WAS IN FIJI BY APPOINTMENT FROM THE KING OF ENGLAND AS A COUNSELATE. THERE WERE A LOT OF "POLITICAL RIVALRY" (INTER-ISLAND STRUGGLE)WHICH LED UP TO MINI-INTER-ISLAND-WAR BETWEEN FIJI AND TONGA. THE KING OF ENGLAND DECIDED TO SEND "WILLIAM COCKER" FROM FIJI TO TONGA BECAUSE FIJI IS A "BRITISH COLONY" AND TONGA IS "UNDER BRITISH PROTECTORATE". BOTH OF THE TWO ISLAND WERE UNDER THE THE BRITISH RULES SO TO SPEAK !!!!. WILLIAM COCKER MOVED HIS FAMILY TO TONGA ABOUT 1870'S OR 1880.......HE LIVE IN NUKU'ALOFA, TONGATAPU, TONGA. THERE WERE SEVERAL NATIVES ( WOMEN ) WHO HAD CHILDREN FROM THIS BRITISH MAN. AMONG THEM WAS A DISTANCE RELATIVE OF MINE OF WHICH WE HAVE SOME OF THE "KOKA" ( OR COCKER) FAMILY IN OUR FAMILY HISTORY. THERE ARE LOADS OF "COCKER FAMILY" IN TONGA AND MANY OF THEM ARE IN THE "GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION OFFICES". THEY ARE SPREAD ALL OVER IN "TONGA", "FIJI", "SAMOA", NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, GREAT BRITAIN, USA, AND ESLE WHERE ???????? IF YOU NEED MORE DETAILS, CONTACT ME PERSONALLY THRU MY E-MAIL AND I WILL TRY TO GIVE YOU MORE !!! OK!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ray koka 23 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
TomTonga28 9 Sep 2001 3:46PM GMT 
leitu Tufuga 2 Feb 2003 2:15AM GMT 
viena pita 3 Jun 2014 9:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions