Search for content in message boards

Knud Nielsen

Replies: 15

Re: Knud Nielsen

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 10:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Kellie,

According to my records Knud and Minna's first child was born 20 April 1909. That would mean conception was July/August of 1908.

According to the passenger list, your Minna and Hans arrived aboard the Amerika May 31 1908. At that time the ocean crossing took approx 10 days. Minna would have had to almost immediately return to Germany in order for my Knud to meet, court, and get her pregnant.

My records indicate that My Minna's parents were Henning and Wilhelmina Hansen. Perhaps our connection goes back one more generation?

My Nana says that her mother never mentioned a previous trip to America. There were 12 children in Minna's family and she was probably one of the youngest. When Minna came to America in 1929 she met 2 older sisters that had immigrated before she was even born. The sisters names were Dora and Maria and they each had married German men before immigrating (so I don't have their married names). The sisters Dora and Maria and their families had large farms in Avorca, Iowa and looked to be doing very well. Of the 12 children in Minna's family the only names my Nana remembers are those of the 2 sisters in Iowa. She was only 4 when she visited the family in Germany.

Hope this helps!
Cindy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
californiak 4 Apr 2012 7:37PM GMT 
cindyla49 5 Apr 2012 2:38PM GMT 
cindyla49 5 Apr 2012 12:07PM GMT 
californiak 4 Apr 2012 7:26PM GMT 
cindyla49 6 Apr 2012 4:47PM GMT 
Al Thorusen 31 Jul 2014 9:22AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic