Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Karen Kirstine/Kristina Jorgensen, born 28 March 1880, Faaborg?

Replies: 25

Descendants of Karen Kirstine/Kristina Jorgensen, born 28 March 1880, Faaborg?

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 8:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jorgensen
I am trying to locate any descendants of my great-great-grandmother Karen Kirstine/Kristina Jorgensen (not certain what her middle name is, but one of the two) or any of her relatives. She was born March 28, 1880 in Faaborg, Fyn, Denmark. She married Christen Jorgensen Miller and had three children: Andrea Marie (b. 1903), Christen J. "Kesso" (b. 1904), and later Lydia Christina Charlote (b. 1911 in America). A bunch of her relatives stayed behind in Denmark. She had at least two siblings and perhaps more, but I located a letter dated September of 1958 written by a Thora, one of Karen's nieces. Thora wrote to Karen after Karen asked how her sister Signe was doing. Thora said that Signe (married name Jensen), was living in some place called the "Home for the Aged" in Faldsled, Fyn, Denmark. I have no idea what Karen's parents' names are, as none are listed on her death certificate. An old picture I've found of what I assume to be Karen's relatives have these names written on the back (if I've read them correctly, as I can't read Danish or the old Danish cursive writing well): Anne, Rasmus, Annine, Fasher, Kirshens, Krishians, Lines, Born. If any of these names sound familiar to you (if they're correct), if you are reading this and are a descendant of either Karen, Signe, or Thora, or one of their relatives, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me. I've been trying to locate you for a long time, and want to find records about our family's history. I have the old pictures and a few letters if you'd like to see them if that'd help. Reply here or message me, as I've had trouble posting pics on the forum here in the past. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
westse02 21 Jun 2011 2:44AM GMT 
PLondahlsmid 22 Jun 2011 6:21PM GMT 
Flemming Aask... 22 Jun 2011 7:09PM GMT 
westse02 24 Jun 2011 3:50PM GMT 
PLondahlsmid 24 Jun 2011 5:53PM GMT 
Flemming Aask... 24 Jun 2011 6:26PM GMT 
PLondahlsmid 24 Jun 2011 6:52PM GMT 
PLondahlsmid 24 Jun 2011 7:29PM GMT 
PLondahlsmid 24 Jun 2011 9:02PM GMT 
westse02 24 Jun 2011 9:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions