Search for content in message boards

Peter Petersen born abt 1850 Fynn Denmark

Replies: 1

Re: Peter Petersen born abt 1850 Fynn Denmark

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 4:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Oct 2013 2:15AM GMT
Maybe you are wondering why you didn’t get a reply on this long ago?

Let me try to explain. Your post contains uncertainties and contradictions. Most friendly helpers would recognize that and back off

Let’s have a look at the problems:

You say that Peter abandoned a ship in Australia to avoid serving in the Franco-Prussian war. However, Denmark was never involved in that. Also that war ended May 1871, but you state the year of immigration as 1872?

If Peter jumped ship in Australia he would not be in the official Danish Emigration Archives!
There is a Peter Petersen emigrating to Australia 1872 in the Danish Emigration Archives. Did you just take the year of immigration from there, or do you have other sources saying 1872?

I searched (as others helpers before me I assume) the Danish census records on Fyn for a family containing a child Peter/Peder (born 1848-1852) with a mother named Caroline/Karoline. The transscribed census records 1850 to 1870 do not give any hits. However, they are not 100% complete – a few parishes on Fyn are not transcripted yet.

Please consider:

- Which sources do you have for Peter’s year of birth? Do you have the year of death and age at death? Please clarify.

- Which sources do you have for Peter’s parents? Please clarify. The fathers name would most likely have been Sørensen (not Sorsen).

- Do you have sources for a place of birth in Middelfart? Or did he just live in Middelfart before the emigration?

- What were the names of Peter’s children (first born first)?

Most likely this will end up with “good old” reading through parish records page by page! It’s essential to get as close as possible to the year and place of Peter’s birth.

kind regards
Karsten

NB: Unfortunately your profile on Ancestry does not allow for direct contact, so I could not contact you by mail.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mcleank124 22 Apr 2013 8:13AM GMT 
kcdamen 15 Oct 2013 10:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic