Johansen family of Nykobing F maribo and Kobenhavn Denmark

Replies: 3

Johansen family of Nykobing F maribo and Kobenhavn Denmark

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 7:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Dec 2012 12:27PM GMT
Surnames: Johansen, Hansen, Schmidt, Coops

Greetings All
I am looking for some direction and guidence.

I have received some wonderful help from a gentleman in
Nykobing, Falster regarding my G-Grandfather and his family.
My G-grandfather Jens Johansen immigrated to Australia, married, had a family and died in 1946. His brother Knud Harald also immigrated (unmarried) and died in 1952.

His son and daughter (my grandmother) visited Denmark in 1952,visited family in Nykobing and Kobenhavn.
We do have a letter from the trip with the following info:

- 6 July 1952. Mr J Johansen, 776 Strandboulevarden, Kobenhavn. - they where staying with this uncle and aunt for a ?week. No other names or locations given.

We have been able to follow various siblings until about 1900-1916 census and parish records.

We have none/little information on any of the others siblings.

All we know is Joseph Smidt Johansen was born 27 July 1873.
He was married at the time in 1952. Do not know if he had children.

How can I research this g-grand uncle - he appears to be the only lead we have.

Are there Street directories? listing family members or occupations at a home address or residence available?

Was Denmark with a military in WW1 or WW2 - is there a enlistment or military service list/index?
Is there any online cemetery indexes for Kobenhavn?

Can you tell me if the street address is still good? I was not able to find it on a map - maybe a new building was made/built? And road were moved?

What is the "kvarter/kobstad" in Kobenhaven for this street address, so I can look in "www.arkivalieronline.dk"
Is the "amt/Herred" - Kobenhavn? For the right area/neighbourhood/church for birth and marriage records.

When marrying did a man usually marry in/at his brides town or church - as is custom here in the USA or Australia?

Thankyou for any assistance given.

GJohns

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gjohns2013 27 Mar 2009 1:13AM GMT 
Lorisgbird 27 May 2009 8:06PM GMT 
Lorisgbird 27 May 2009 8:39PM GMT 
darryldj1 27 May 2009 9:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions