Search for content in message boards

Need help from a native Danish speaker

Replies: 0

Need help from a native Danish speaker

Posted: 17 Jan 2011 11:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Christensdatter
Hi,

I need a couple of minutes of help from a native Danish speaker. My genealogical Danish is just not sufficient in this case. Can you help?

In the attached marriage record on 3 Nov 1822, Mariane Chsistensdr gives her age as 20-1/2 (b. 1801). I orignally read that she was from "Flade", but I now see with more experience that "Flade" is actually "Haals", a bye in Gunderup sogn where she is marrying. There is no birth/baptism in Haals of a Mariane Christensdr.

In the 1845 and 1850 censuses of Gunderup, she gives he place of birth as Rold sogn, Aalborg amt and year of birth in both as circa 1794, 8 years younger than at the time of her marriage.

I looked over the register for Rold 1771-1813, opslags 55-65 covering the period 1794-1802 but I do not see any record.

There are however a few very small entries for some daughters of "Christen Andersen" during this period that appear to have been entered later...but I cannot immediately see a "Mariane" among them.

There is one entry in the middle of the page in Rold 1771-1813, opslag 63, that I cannot understand. Is this it?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Rick

Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions