Search for content in message boards

Jens Peter Sorensen and Ane Marie Johansen

Replies: 26

Re: Jens Peter Sorensen and Ane Marie Johansen

Posted: 6 Dec 2013 4:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
@kcdamen

Thank you so much for your interest in this search. Believe me, I am keenly interested in pursuing the paper trail of my mother's family as well as trying to match her mitochondrial DNA haplotype H2a1f (which type is quite rare for DK). An identical match in Denmark has written a book about her DNA search, see http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Frank/e/B0036UQD7K and references family names, but they are out of Randers.

I got into DNA only because I have a dead end paternal grandfather (UK origin) whose ancestors refuse to be found (I just have their names), and no one will say anything about him, nice or otherwise. In this grandfather matter, the testing of my male paternal cousin did not produce any meaningful results, since his DNA does not match the family surname, but there are very close matches with other surnames, so somewhere along the way, there was an adoption or other non-paternal event.

Through my DNA testing, (in which I matched my male cousin, so he is not the outlier) I did find a maternal second cousin who is related to this family in DK, so that is something...and, there are other DNA connections that will only bear out through the sharing of family trees. It will always go back to the paper...DNA discoveries are always confirmed through the paper trail.

I appreciate your interest in helping me find out about my Danish ancestors. I just recently started to learn about the sources in the Danish archives. It is also amazing that they advised the parish of their comings and goings. Was this for the poor only?

BTW- I will reciprocate the favor, should you ever need it, I live not far from the National Archives in Washington DC, I can also access the Library of Congress.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rmm0484 6 Dec 2013 12:24AM GMT 
kcdamen 6 Dec 2013 9:01AM GMT 
rmm0484 6 Dec 2013 11:11AM GMT 
kcdamen 6 Dec 2013 12:07PM GMT 
kcdamen 6 Dec 2013 5:35PM GMT 
rmm0484 6 Dec 2013 9:30PM GMT 
rmm0484 6 Dec 2013 12:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic