Search for content in message boards

Jens Peter Sorensen and Ane Marie Johansen

Replies: 26

Re: Jens Peter Sorensen and Ane Marie Johansen

Posted: 6 Dec 2013 2:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Dec 2013 2:09AM GMT
@ rmm0484

Concerning my wife the answer is definitely no:-)

I would have sent you a mail with some additional remarks, but as I’m not a member of Ancestry that is not possible (blocked in your profile). So you will have to live without that, unless you take contact to me by mail (via my profile).

A couple of remarks. From my postings it may look like I came up with my findings and proposals during a work day or so. This is not the case, actually I had been studying this case since you started the thread. I just decided to post some results, when you were so to say opting out (prematurely). That’s the reason for my disorganized postings.

About my methods in this case. I found a quite a number of candidates from Vejle county and all the surrounding counties based on name and year of birth solely. Then I excluded the candidates one by one following their life through census and parish records. The only candidate left was Ane Marie from Skibet parish. As you will have noted, there is no final proof of her identity – it will not hold up in a court room. She leaves Hover Parish late 1862, destination Vejle city, but in theory there might be another Ane Marie Johansdatter coming to Vejle just in time. The final proof can come from studies of local and regional archives in Denmark (not available on the Internet). I may pursue this if I get a chance to visit the local city archive in Vejle.

Concerning the father of Cecilie, Jens Peter Sørensen. I’ve decided not to post any findings, as there are too many candidates in Vejle at that time – some married some not. This will have to wait until a possible visit to the archives mentioned above.

NB: I only delete my posts in case the owner of a thread does not show any interest by responding :-)

best greetings
Karsten
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rmm0484 6 Dec 2013 12:24AM GMT 
kcdamen 6 Dec 2013 9:01AM GMT 
rmm0484 6 Dec 2013 11:11AM GMT 
kcdamen 6 Dec 2013 12:07PM GMT 
kcdamen 6 Dec 2013 5:35PM GMT 
rmm0484 6 Dec 2013 9:30PM GMT 
rmm0484 6 Dec 2013 12:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions