CHRISTIAN POULSEN

Replies: 7

CHRISTIAN POULSEN

Walter Deas (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1998 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2007 12:16PM GMT
Surnames: Poulsen, Olsen, Tooney, Kjeldgaard
CHRISTIAN POULSEN: Said to be from Aalborg and born about 1887. Parents were Niels Poulson (b 5.5.1854) & Larsina Olsen (b 25.7.1856). Children were: Paul, emigrated to USA. Never married: Twins, Yens & Kirstine: Christain, emigrated to Australia, married Kath (?): Jorgen, emigrated to USA. Married & divorced, no children: Petrine, never married: Dorthea, emigrated to Australia, married James Tooney:: Neils, emigrated to the USA, married Egon, divorced.

Christian Poulsen had the following children Cynthia, Audrey Lillian, Pamela, Robert and Eileen. He was a successful fisherman operating out of Gladstone, Queensland. He obtained a sub-lease of a turtle soup processing factory on Heron Island in 1932. But could see better opportunities and set about changing the factory into a small tourist resort. This was built up over the years. He was lost at sea in 1947 and the family ran the resort until 1980 when the P&O Group purchased all the shares. Today it is aworld class resort, all due to Captain Christian Poulsen from Denmark. I want to acknowledge this man in a historical video I intend to produce (financed out of my own pocket. I am very keen to trace his birthplace and obtain photographs or a video sequence to be included in the proposed video. I am also seeking any descendants who might have photographs of Christian as a youngster.

Larsina Olsen had a sister, Kirsten Katrine (Katherine)(b 1862) who married Peder Kjeldgaard.The children were Kirsten and Anders (Anders died aged 20 of TB). Peder had a brewery at Fjerrirslev. When he died Kirsten ran the business. eventually gifted to the town as a museum. This may be the Bryggergardens Museum ?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated so as I can give Captain Christian Poulsen his rightful place in Queensland history.

Regards, Walter Deas.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Walter Deas 5 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT 
curlyplatt 24 Jan 2007 10:18PM GMT 
rosegumridge 14 May 2011 6:05AM GMT 
kathpf 16 Jul 2011 2:19PM GMT 
rosegum1 21 Jul 2011 6:15AM GMT 
tristrammille... 14 Jul 2011 2:04AM GMT 
evapoulsen20 18 Jul 2012 11:38AM GMT 
janetpoulsen2... 15 Jan 2013 8:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic