Search for content in message boards

Can someone read the back of this photo (in Danish, I think)?

Replies: 16

Re: Can someone read the back of this photo (in Danish, I think)?

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 12:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Feb 2013 12:43PM GMT
First let me apologize for not reading all you threads in detail before commenting the other two persons on photo #1.
But you’re right. The stepmother must be the one named “mother” on photo #2, so the woman to the right on #1 cannot be the step mother.

I checked a few things. In the original 1911 handwritten census (not transscripted completely yet) I found Magda’s father, step mother and four step siblings still in Egense Paris, Svendborg (no more step siblings than in 1906). But Magda has left the family.

Concerning the phrasing “Last permanent residence Copenhagen”. This should indicate that she was reported to live in the Copenhagen area. According to the police register she was living in Faxegade no. 19-4th, CPH in 1914. Note that the card is deactivated May 1st 1915 (i.e. she had left the city).

By the way - I never mentioned the option that a step sister emigrated too.

The above doesn’t change my proposal that this photo could be taken in Denmark before Magda left, and that she posted or intended to post it from New York, when she was in transit to Wilmington. Just to tell the Greers that she had arrived as planned and maybe to show them what she looked like?
Maybe she never sent it – maybe she did and got it back after arriving to Wilmington.

Karsten
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kcdamen 3 Feb 2013 10:26AM GMT 
fawnda10 3 Feb 2013 4:38PM GMT 
kcdamen 3 Feb 2013 7:23PM GMT 
fawnda10 3 Feb 2013 7:32PM GMT 
fawnda10 3 Feb 2013 7:49PM GMT 
kcdamen 3 Feb 2013 7:50PM GMT 
Ruddi Sørense... 6 Feb 2013 9:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic