Search for content in message boards

Can someone read the back of this photo (in Danish, I think)?

Replies: 16

Re: Can someone read the back of this photo (in Danish, I think)?

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 9:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Feb 2013 9:43AM GMT
Karsten-

I assumed that it was taken in New York; not sure how we got a hold of the picture, if it was sent to Mrs. Greer in NC(?). If it was sent to her, perhaps it was given back after Laura Greer's death in 1917? I really don't know if Magda's stepsisters emigrated out of Denmark too, I have yet to find out anything more about them. I guess it is possible the photo was taken back in Denmark, possibly with a stepsister.....we do have a picture of her stepmother Anne and the older woman doesn't look like her. See the photo in my second post, the pregnant woman is Anne, her stepmother.

We know that Magda's eldest child (Paul Knudsen)was born in New Jersey in 1917- she was supposed to be working as a maid for an older Danish man named Larsen "Out East" was what family members told me, so I assume they must have meant New Jersey. In the 1920 census, she's in North Dakota. In 1922 she's in Wisconsin with my great grandfather, Lars Peter Rasmussen......she had 3 children out of wedlock before she met my great grandfather. What a life she must have led!

Question about something. When it says "Last permanent residence as Copenhagen" on the ships manifest, does that really mean she was living in Copenhagen or does it means she was just there because she was about to leave the country via a ship leaving Copenhagen?

Thank you!

Fawn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kcdamen 3 Feb 2013 10:26AM GMT 
fawnda10 3 Feb 2013 4:38PM GMT 
kcdamen 3 Feb 2013 7:23PM GMT 
fawnda10 3 Feb 2013 7:32PM GMT 
fawnda10 3 Feb 2013 7:49PM GMT 
kcdamen 3 Feb 2013 7:50PM GMT 
Ruddi Sørense... 6 Feb 2013 9:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic