Search for content in message boards

looking for relatives of Marinus Nielsen still living in Denmark

Replies: 55

Re: looking for relatives of Marinus Nielsen still living in Denmark

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 9:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Feb 2013 9:14AM GMT
Hi all -

Diana, what is your source for saying Marinus Nielsen immigrated in 1916?

The 1916 manifest lists that mysterious "Anders Christensen" and a place name we don't recognize.

Your original post was brief, Diana. If you can add more about Marinus, great. Your input is valuable. Anything you say might help the forum identify where are the descendants of Marinus's siblings.

Even if you do NOT have something (naturalization papers, original marriage certificate, death record), do go ahead and say that in the forum. Oddly enough, knowing that can be helpful.

=============================

Kaj would you also post the 1930 census? You mention that it states Marinus first immigrated in 1909, which seems to be a mistake but would be good to see that record anyway. Thanks.

===========================

Karsten has certainly found "our" Marinus immigrating in 1913.

Marinus can be on more than one manifest - return to Denmark and back again to USA. The illegible 1916 manifest seems to note previous trips by that man; hard to tell whether the note is scribbled out or not. Either way, does nothing to tie the 1916 record to the Marinus in Iowa.

====================================

Fenton, Kossuth, Iowa (WWI draft registration)

and

Seneca, Kossuth, Iowa (1940 census)

are very very close.

A man could be farming a little outside the one and a little outside the other and list either as his address. The difference in the two addresses could be linked to the system of enumeration in the draft and in the census.

Ah - I see a couple new posts came in while I was writing. I'll go read!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
karnj 5 Feb 2013 10:19AM GMT 
kcdamen 5 Feb 2013 11:37AM GMT 
karnj 5 Feb 2013 1:59PM GMT 
kcdamen 5 Feb 2013 2:21PM GMT 
kcdamen 5 Feb 2013 2:33PM GMT 
karnj 5 Feb 2013 2:50PM GMT 
kcdamen 5 Feb 2013 3:16PM GMT 
karnj 5 Feb 2013 3:22PM GMT 
kcdamen 5 Feb 2013 3:44PM GMT 
falsterden 5 Feb 2013 4:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions