Search for content in message boards

Cannot locate someone in 1911 Danish records........+ long story.

Replies: 17

Re: Cannot locate someone in 1911 Danish records........+ long story.

Posted: 13 May 2013 9:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 May 2013 8:41PM GMT
Thanks Maj-Britt. That helps a lot.

> "About the shipping of, this is just the story that my grandmother was told, by her mother." <

So....Magda is your grandmother's mother? And Magda said she was "shipped off"? (or Magda said other words with the same meaning)

Then you guys are NOT guessing. You two are quoting Magda. Magda is the source of that story. This wasn't stated before. Thank you.

> "I can tell you that the whole family except for Magda are there." <

From this you must mean the family is in Egense in 1911? If the family had moved, that would be a clue - a place to look for Magda.

I hope you find Magda in Svendborg as you complete your search.

About Vor Frue Kirke in Copenhagen: the Copenhagen police registry gives her address in 1914 and 1915. From there you can tell the way to Vor Frue. I'm no help with this, but some people in this forum would know how to locate her path from home, past Vor Frue. Another very good forum for help with details like that is Slaegt og Data DIS-Danmark.

There was a hospital/home for unwed mothers in Copenhagen (Rigshospitalet, I think). I have wondered if Magda had a child before she left for America. She talks about being estranged from her family when she was 18. And there's a family story about a businessman in Svendborg. She is living in Copenhagen circa 1914. So isn't it unlikely the Svendborg guy is the father of Paul born in USA Jan 1916? So could he be the father of an earlier child? Maybe she was a maid in Svendborg, got pregnant, and came to Copenhagen then? Could it be she gave up a child for adoption? Now that is really guessing. You can decide if that is a worthwhile place to look. I don't want to send you on a "wild goose chase" (a useless hunt).

I can see the two of you are an excellent team.

And don't you just hate those computer problems? Arghhhh

Mvh
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
enevoldsen_ma... 13 May 2013 12:58PM GMT 
falsterden 13 May 2013 3:19PM GMT 
enevoldsen_ma... 13 May 2013 4:15PM GMT 
falsterden 13 May 2013 4:21PM GMT 
falsterden 13 May 2013 4:21PM GMT 
fawnda10 13 May 2013 8:48PM GMT 
falsterden 14 May 2013 2:39AM GMT 
fawnda10 14 May 2013 2:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions