Search for content in message boards

Trying to find my mother's family. Inger Andersen, married Helmuth Hansen

Replies: 23

Re: Trying to find my mother's family. Inger Andersen, married Helmuth Hansen

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 7:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jun 2013 12:20PM GMT
Flemming to the rescue. Yay! So Ebba is not Andersen but rather Ebba Olga Frederiksen? Presumably, then, Ebba Olga Andersen is a different person, and the family tree link previously posted does not apply.

This is a major breakthrough.

Flemming, did Ebba Olga Fredriksen and Svend Aage Andersen have children besides Inger? Supposedly there is a daughter Bendte, a son Per, and another son.

I'll check later today on Ancestry.com immigration lists to see if I can find the family immigrating to Australia as a group circa 1957 (Inger/Helmuth/Iris).

Helen, you are saying all the rest of Inger's family (parents and siblings) stayed behind in Denmark, correct?

-- JC

Attached: For a time the city of Copenhagen kept a registry of all citizens (available online at www.politietsregisterblade.dk). Here is a record of Svend Aage Andersen, born 30-3-1909 in Kajerød, living at the same address as that on the marriage license. From the marriage license it is clear this is Kajerød in Birkerød sogn, Lynge-Kronborg herred, Frederiksborg amt, Denmark.

I find the Danish documents a little hard to decipher, and maybe you don't. But I'll take a stab at reading them, below, in case it helps at all.

The marriage license Flemming posted for Svend Aage and Ebba Olga shows Ebba Olga Fredriksen born 13 January 1912 in Copenhagen/Kobenhavn. Both bride and groom are ugift - unmarried previously. I don't know about the occupation listed. No witnesses are listed.

I can't much read the marriage record for Helmuth Hansen and Inger Andersen, posted by Flemming, but it does give their birth dates as you can see. Ugift korporal (ugift=unmarried korporal) Helmuth Hansen født/born 31 December 1930? with parents Karl Kristian Jorgensen and Nielsine Petersen. Includes words I can't read. I think Nielsine is called "hustru"? Which would mean she is Karl's wife. Helmuth's address seems to be the same as you have listed on your Ancestry.com family tree. Ugift/unmarried(lagerarbejder? - a job title) Inger Andersen born 24 September 1933 and the birth registered at Elias kirken/church. Inger's parents are listed as Svend Aage Andersen and Ebba Olga Fredriksen. Address Revalsgade?

Svend Aage Andersen's occupation is bud, with a diacritic mark, and I don't know what that is. Maybe Flemming will have time to comment. Gramtrans (online translation tool) suggests "delivery man," among other meanings.

The other treasure from Flemming is Inger's birth certificate. She's #17 birth in the parish registry. Born 24 September. Address Absalonsgade etc. Child's full name Inger Andersen. Parents Bud Svend Aage Andersen og/and H. Ebba Olga f. Fredriksen. Here H. stands for hustru/wife. F. = født/born (her maiden surname). Inger was baptized 30 March 1934 by Pastor Nedergaard in church. Inger's baptismal sponsors are in the next column. I think this says Ingeborg Frederiksen (could be a sister or mother to Ebba), og/and XXXXXX job title Harry Andersen at Absalonsgade 35 and also Inger's parents are her sponsors. I hope Flemming will correct errors.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
helen81_1 7 Jun 2013 7:53AM GMT 
Flemming_Aask... 7 Jun 2013 9:37AM GMT 
falsterden 7 Jun 2013 1:17PM GMT 
Flemming_Aask... 7 Jun 2013 6:45PM GMT 
falsterden 7 Jun 2013 9:26PM GMT 
helen81_1 9 Jun 2013 3:18AM GMT 
iris1954 9 Jun 2013 9:06AM GMT 
helen81_1 9 Jun 2013 4:22AM GMT 
Flemming_Aask... 9 Jun 2013 8:10AM GMT 
iris1954 9 Jun 2013 9:20AM GMT