Search for content in message boards

Storthors and Granström from Övermark

Replies: 1

Storthors and Granström from Övermark

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 5:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Oct 2012 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: Storthors Granström
I'm trying to research my great grandmother Greta Alice Storthors, born 6 Jun 1915 in Vasa and died 23 Apr 1976 in Varberg, Sweden. She married four times as far as I know: first with a man who originated from Russia with the name Jaakko Mitrofanoff (he was left by the doorsteps to a orphanage in Helsinki). His birthdate according to military records is 8 mar 1909, Helsinki. He later changed his family name into Murtomaa. He was some kind of a special engineer and was recruited in the Continuation War, became a sergeant and went missing in a mission 24 Nov 1941 in Maaselkä. His body was never found.

Next, Greta married a man with the family name Hurtta, then with Poljanen and last with a Karl/Carl Andersson from somewhere around Kinna, Västra Götaland, Sweden.

From my family source I've gotten this information about Greta's parents:

Mother: Maria Granström (born around 1876 in Övermark and died around 1961-62 in Vasa)

Father: Johannes Storthors. In my notes it says "79" but I'm not sure if I mean the age of his death or the year... He also died in Vasa.

I can't find anything about these two so I would be very greateful for any information!

/Maria
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
redsaga 30 Oct 2012 11:28PM GMT 
avipe 17 Feb 2013 8:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions