Search for content in message boards

I have Winter War pictures to share!

Replies: 4

I have Winter War pictures to share!

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 11:37AM GMT
Classification: Military
Edited: 17 Aug 2013 2:59PM GMT
I have gotten a book called Vapautemme hinta from 1941 which contains information of (almost) every Finn who died or went missing in the Winter War ("Talvisota") in 1939-1940. The book has a picture of the deceased (when available), a rank or title, full name, a place and date of death and how old the person was when he/she died. The book also has information of civilians who died during the air bombings. About 70% of the people have a photograph of them.

If you know that someone who you are looking for died in the war, I CAN photograph/SCAN and EMAIL you a picture of him/her.

What I need to know:
- (Full) Name and living or birth place would ideal to have OR
- Name and province or somewhat precise area OR
- Just the name (bear in mind, that with the most common surnames there can be 30-40 people so gender, initials or something like that might be necessary).

I will translate and interpret the text for you.

I would suggest sending me a private message rather than posting your email address here.

Same in Finnish:
Myös suomalaisille siis Talvisodassa kaatuneiden ja kadonneiden kuvia kirjasta Vapautemme hinta. Lähinnä sotilaskuvia mutta myös siviilien kuvia mukana. Skannaan niitä mahd. tarkkoja nimi- ja asuinpaikkatietoja vastaan.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
unkka 3 Dec 2012 6:37PM GMT 
rbmarttila 5 Dec 2012 5:49PM GMT 
unkka 5 Dec 2012 10:51PM GMT 
rbmarttila 5 Dec 2012 11:43PM GMT 
kjonell 5 Dec 2012 6:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions