Search for content in message boards

Zilius

Replies: 14

Re: Zilius

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 1:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Zilius, Zilus, Sampson, Pieza
Today I just got a news from a friend that she had found my grandpa, Felix Pieza's birth record. It seems that he was married in Kursenai church, but was born in Kubilai. I now need to get more details of the birth certificate to see who his god parents were and where this little town is located. I believe that you gave me this info about the Pieza and Zilius priests before in 1907 on LGGS.

I found that the father of Jonas Zilius founded a seminary in the south of Lithuania. I can't imagine what he felt when his son, Jonas went off, got married, became famous, went to Versailles after WWI with President Wilson and the American deligation and finally married Esther Sampson, who was born in 1892 in LT. She grew up in PA, became a nurse in WWI, worked in the hosital in Boston and then, became a Red Cross nurse. Somehow, she landed in Switzerland before the two were married. I have pics of her in Switzerland in her riding habit and I have a pic of her and Jonas with their first son, Jonas in Klaipedia. What a story? That whole family is so interesting. Jonas was so very politically astute, and as a priest even went to the Paris Exhibition in 1900 or 1901 to give a speech. I am interested in him almost more than in my own grandfather.
Many greetings.Paulina
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lietuvagen 1 Feb 2013 9:06AM GMT 
tsadausk 2 Feb 2013 3:35AM GMT 
lietuvagen 2 Feb 2013 8:48AM GMT 
andrew zilius 5 Mar 2014 3:22AM GMT 
andrew zilius 5 Mar 2014 3:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic