Search for content in message boards

Anyone researching These Surnames & Places?

Replies: 64

Re: citizenship

Posted: 10 May 2010 9:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Definitely a small world. When Algerdas died, he had no heirs so I have no idea what happened to all his papers and photographs. I'm told that he had a next door neighbor named Mike who he was friends with.

Any possibility that your sister could ask the current residents around Algerdas' trailer address to see if anyone (e.g., his neighbor Mike or Mike's wife) remembers him or has any pictures of him?

His family went back to Lithuania in November 1913 to visit with his father returning to the U.S. in March 1914. WW I broke out August 1914 trapping Algerdas and his mother between the German and Russian armies. They did not return to the U.S. until 1923 (even though the war ended November 1918) which likely caused some hard feelings between them and the father/husband. Algerdas' mother is buried in one town and her husband (Algerdas' father) is buried three towns away next to my grandmother (his niece). I have photographs of Algerdas and his mother that were taken in a Lithuanian photography studio during their time there.

I'd love to learn more about his life after 1947 when he disappeared off the family radar screen. I only started doing my genealogy research after Algerdas died so I have to rely on others for info.

I've been in touch with nieces and nephews of Algerdas' wife and no one really has much information about the couple's life. I believe his wife got into trouble with her family since they were Jewish immigrants from Lithuania and were likely unhappy for her marrying outside the Jewish faith.

What years do you have as an arrival dates from the various censuses? Do the entries indicate that he ever got naturalized (NA) or if he was a Petitioned Alien (PA) which means he filed his Declaration of Intent/First Papers.

The Declaration of Intent is only goood for seven(?) years which is why Algerdas' father (Juozas Senkus) filed two sets of papers (1919 & 1935) before he actually became a citizen.

Tom S.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tsadausk 17 Mar 2010 5:09PM GMT 
ohkathy1 8 May 2010 2:11AM GMT 
tsadausk 8 May 2010 8:45PM GMT 
ohkathy1 9 May 2010 3:18AM GMT 
tsadausk 10 May 2010 12:40PM GMT 
ohkathy1 10 May 2010 2:19PM GMT 
sadauskt 10 May 2010 3:10PM GMT 
MoritaMargare... 1 Jan 2013 11:36PM GMT 
firefly61934 18 Mar 2010 7:00PM GMT 
tsadausk 18 Mar 2010 7:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions