Search for content in message boards

Immigration records for Rosmanskis/Razmanskis from Taurages

Replies: 0

Immigration records for Rosmanskis/Razmanskis from Taurages

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 6:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rasmonskis/Razmanski/Rosmanskis/Rasmonskas/Lancartis/Lauraitis
Can anyone help me understand why I can find some of my husband's family's immigration information, but not others? I am trying to find information on his maternal lineage. His Great-Grandmother, Marie Rosmanskis (many various spellings) was born 1901 supposedly in Taurages, Lithuania. She died as Marie Mackey in 1951. She was married to George J. Rudnick in Chicago June 15, 1921. Her sisters, Leokadija and Stefanija (last name spelled Razmanski) came across the US/Canada border on August 3, 1909. They came across with a male, aged 20 with the same last name. I have a difficult time understanding what the man's first name might be due to the handwriting. I have not been able to find immigration information for Marie (likely Marija or Maryte) or their parents, Petronella Lancartis and Jonas Rosmanskis (also seen it spelled Rasmonskis and Rasmonskas). They both died in Chicago and I believe them all to be buried in Chicago at St. Casimir Lithuanian Catholic Cemetery. Any ideas on how I can search Canadian records or some other way? Aciu!

Angele O'Connell

Find a board about a specific topic