Search for content in message boards

trying to find my history

Replies: 4

Øverlie farm in Lesja, Oppland Fylke

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Oct 2001 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: Overlie, �verlie
I have found that there is an Overlie farm in Lesja (the parish), Oppland Fylke, which is near the Gudbrandsdalen valley. It is spelled with the letter Ø at the beginning. Øverlie or Øverlien. The main farm at Øverlie was divided by 1950 into 15 subfarms called Bruks.
I think I found Paul Overli and Ann Olsdatter Moen on the emigrants leaving from Oslo on July 17, 1909, together. They are traveling together, but listed as unmarried at that time. He has already been in America, because it is listed as his home. He was home for a visit. Their destination is Montana, for a better life, and she is from the parish of Lom, which is also in Oppland. It gives birthdates for them, but these are not always 100 percent accurate. Paul: born May 20, 1880, Ann born March 18, 1876.
I will include a link that shows them on the emigrant register out of Oslo. I think the Bergen info. was mistaken.
To find out more about these individuals and their ancestors and families and home farms, (Overlie and Moen) you could find someone with a Bygdebok for those two parishes. Bygdeboks are farm and family history books for certain communities.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Maria Lingle 3 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
TarynMN 5 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Maria Lingle 6 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Michael Hobar... 4 Jun 2013 3:57AM GMT 
Michael Hobar... 4 Jun 2013 4:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic