Anne and Inger Thorsdatter were twins born 1841, Aug. 28, and baptized 1842, January 8th in Norderhov.
Parents are bachelor Tord (Thor) Aslesen Hunsdalen and single girl Johanne Olsdatter Kihle-eie.
Someone posted online that the mother Johanne Olsdatter died shortly after the twins were born. I haven't found proof of that. Here is what they posted. I have no idea where they got the Landgraf name. It was NOT the name of the father. He was Thor Aslesen Hunsdalen. Maybe it was a name from Johanne Olsdatter's family? This came from Familysearch. It does not match the parish record of the birth.
name: Johanna LANDGRAF
death: August 1841
spouse: Landgraf Thor (AFN: 2M8J-24K )
child 1: Anne Thorsdatter Ploiea (AFN: 2M8G-XJ8 )
BIRTH 23 August 1841
DEATH 4 January 1919 (Minnesota)
Thor Aslesen Hunsdalen married his cousin, and had two more children.
Thor died in 1859. Shortly before his twin daughters Anne and Inger Thorsdatter were confirmed. I don't have any evidence that he had custody of his twin daughters. I don't think he did.
Thor Aslesen, baptised in Norderhov 20 June 1813 and died in Hunsdalen 19 April 1856
Thor Aslesen is pretty well documented online.
But I have these questions:
1. I cannot seem to find the sisters Anne and Inger Thorsdatter on the 1865 census. I know that Anne is there for sure, because she married in 1967 to Karl Fredrik Throndsen. Their marriage, leaving the parish and emigration from Oslo to Quebec in 1868 are well documented. (I have the links to the records).
Their marriage: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1113&i...
2. I have no idea what happened to Inger Thorsdatter after her confirmation.
3. Who raised the twins Anne and Inger Thorsdatter?
4. Thor Aslesen, father of the twins and two more legitimate children, had married his cousin Maria, but after he died, she emigrated to Wisconsin in 1861 with her then 13 year old son Asle Thorsen. Their daughter had died in Norway. I wonder where they went in Wisconsin, or what became of them. But that is not of prime importance to me.
Finally, Karl Fredrik Throndsen was living with his parents and brothers on the 1865 census. I wonder if there is any family left in Norway? Or what happened to the family.
• Census year: 1865
• Municipality: Norderhov
• Municipality number: 0613
• Name of domicile: Aaserudbakken
Number of persons in this domicile: 5
Name Family status Marital status Occupation Birth year Place of birth Ethnicity
Tron Tronsen Husf g Husmand med Jord 1802 Jevnagers Prgj.
Inger Halvorsdatter hans Kone g 1800 Jevnagers Prgj.
Tron Tronsen deres Søn ug hjemme hos Forældr 1835 Jevnagers Prgj.
Karl Tronsen deres Søn ug Skomager 1843 Norderhovs Prgj.
Ole Andersen ug hans Læredreng 1849 Norderhovs Prgj.