Search for content in message boards

Amund Ramsø

Replies: 50

Amund Ramsø

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 3:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ramsø or Ramsey, Sandvik, Nervik, Grindanæs, Romsdalen, Monsdalen
My husband's great grandfather is Amund Ramsø who immigrated to the US about 1884/5 and settled in the Poinsett Lake area of South Dakota. A number of people have provided information and done basic research but the URL's provided did not work when I tried them. Is there anyone who has access to Norwegian census records who could find out for me who all the people are who live with Amund Ramsø on the 1865 census for Etne in Hordaland, Norway. Farm name is Ramsø. I was told it is in Ølen parish then known as Fjelberg district which was east of Etne. He was found on both the 1865 and the 1875 censuses. He evidently lives with his widowed mother but I have not been able to access the websites to find out what her name is or any other specifics that may be there. Also we know that Amund had a middle name of Erickson. His wife went by the name of Malina Nervik Grindanæs Sandvik. I understand that there was also in 1875 a farm that went by the name of Grindanæs with a Ramsø family living on it. When Amund and Malina immigrated they had at least 3 children: Knute, Emil, and Sivert. Malina's father is a Knute Sandvik and her mother a Martha Romsdalen or Monsdalen. I have not been able to locate their entry immigration records either. If you are related to this family and willing to help, I would be most interested and willing to share what information we have. If you are willing to assist me with this research to obtain the details, I would be very grateful. Karen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Karen Ramsey 14 Oct 2012 9:56PM GMT 
thoraway 14 Oct 2012 10:20PM GMT 
Karen Ramsey 15 Oct 2012 4:06AM GMT 
thoraway 14 Oct 2012 10:38PM GMT 
thoraway 14 Oct 2012 11:30PM GMT 
Brian Gaber 15 Oct 2012 4:09AM GMT 
Karen Ramsey 15 Oct 2012 4:26AM GMT 
Karen Ramsey 15 Oct 2012 4:19AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 15 Oct 2012 4:02PM GMT 
Brian Gaber 15 Oct 2012 4:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions