Search for content in message boards

Relatives in US Esther and Alf Fosse

Replies: 8

Relatives in US Esther and Alf Fosse

Posted: 7 Jun 2004 1:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fosse
Hi,

Maybe you can help. Esther and Alf Fosse (Esther L. and Alf C. Fosse?) lived in La Mesa, California.

Esther is my father's aunt. She is 97 years old if she is still alive. I think Alf would be 90 years old if he was alive, but I know he is deceased.

Family here has stayed in contact with them always. I don't know when Alf went to the US, but Esther was the last in our family to go, around 1970, I think (From Grimstad, Norway). I think he was originally from Sogn og Fjordane or maybe Hordaland. I found a person with the approx. right age on the Ellis Island site, from far back, as if he went over at the age of 4, I think. I can't remember when they married, but this was the second marriage for both of them. They married in Salt Lake City, Utah, where they lived until they left for California to spend their old age in a warm climate. Alf had a son from the previous marrige, who is/was a reverend/pastor (something like that). I would think he lives in Utah, or did it up until recently. I found a notice on the net from 1999 from some episcopal church organization about a Robert Earle Fosse, who had got a new position within the church in Utah. That might be him.

We got message that Alf died a couple of years ago. Then a while ago I heard that Esther had just "disappeared". The family (aunts and uncles of mine) could not find her anymore. The phone was disconnected, and letters did not reach her. They do not know if she is dead or alive. They did everything they could to find her, tried organizations etc., but to my knowledge none of them have a computer.

The last I saw her, was when she was 86 yrs old. She visited Norway, and was quite sad because she realized it would be her last trip here. The whole family was gathered to say good bye to her in person. She had started to be forgetful, maybe beginning to have Alzheimers?

What we are thinking, is that maybe she is still alive, but in a nursing home, since it might have been difficult for her to cope after Alf died. She might be in a bad state.

Even if I haven't had much contact with her the past years, it does bother me that my dad and his siblings don't even know if their aunt is alive. It would be OK to know and maybe if she is at a nursing home, to be able to contact the home and hear how she is doing and maybe they even can notify us if something happens to her. If she has already passed away, it would be good to know that too.

It is really odd that his son has not thought of contacting her family here in Norway. He must have known that his dad and his wife visited family here regularly. But maybe he has not been able to find addresses and such? Maybe she was in a state where she could not give him the needed info?

Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated! If any of you by any chance should know who I am talking about, or which Fosse family it is, that would be wonderful. Please e-mail me then! :) You can contact me at the address I entered, or at flaker at ednf dot org (I don't want to spell it out properly since I surely get enough spam as it is)...

Thanks a lot for any help you can offer!!!! I don't have any experience whatsoever in doing such things. I just paid $29.95 only to find their names and old address at the myfamily people finder, so maybe that site has info that is not updated (it listed him as he is still alive, which he is not)? I can't subscribe at this site too not knowing if it is any good at all (guest here now to post and read postings)...

Sorry this got so long...

Sincerly,
Aase Marit, Norway :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
aasema 7 Jun 2004 7:26PM GMT 
Taryn 9 Jun 2004 12:11AM GMT 
Taryn 9 Jun 2004 12:18AM GMT 
Aase Marit 9 Jun 2004 10:16PM GMT 
Taryn 9 Jun 2004 10:36PM GMT 
joyhart22 19 Oct 2007 6:51PM GMT 
vcutrubus 16 Dec 2007 9:37PM GMT 
annegrethe_ha... 13 May 2012 8:17PM GMT 
TarynMN 21 May 2012 1:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions