Search for content in message boards

Need Vinje og Rauland Farm Books? To sort families Ole Lodvorson

Replies: 0

Need Vinje og Rauland Farm Books? To sort families Ole Lodvorson

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 3:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lodvorson, Sgursen, Midssen, Kittilsen, Olavsson
There are copies of R. Berge in the LDS Library in SLC and at the Chester Fritz Library in South Dakota. I have looked at the Norwegian Archives and am having problems sorting out all the Ole Lodvorsons!

I think there were 4 Ole Lodvorsons all born between 1743-1763 in Vinje Telemark. Add to that a Ole Lotoson and an Ole Lidvorsen. THREE of the Oles are the son of one man perhpas! Sons of Lodvor Olavsson: w. first wife Ole Lodvorson b 1743 died 1755, w. 2nd wife "Store" Ole Lodvorson b 1756 and "Vesle" Ole Lodvorson often spelled Ledvorsen b 1761. I know Lodvor Olavsson's paternal grandfather was Ole and would guess his grandmother was Brita and first two children are those from first marriage. Second marriage to Haege Aadnesdotter first son Andres, second son Ole (earlier one had died) next child Ingebjord perhaps her paternal grandmother followed by another Ole perhaps maternal grandfather.

I know that one of the 4 volumes could answer my question.
I am looking for mothers of Elief Sigursen Hogetviet b 19 Oct 1732 Vinje (Sigur Midssen is believed to be the father) and Sigir Kittlsdotter b 8 June 1732 Vinje ( Father Kittl Thorsden) ANd the big question is "Store" Ole Lodvorsson the father of Elif Olsson and if so who are the parents of Store Ole.

Hoping someone who has the books or access to them could help.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions