Search for content in message boards

Rotvik emigration to America

Replies: 3

Rotvik emigration to America

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 8:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rotvik
My grandmother Marie Henriette (born 6-29-1882 in Ibested, Salangen) and her brother Peder Anskar (born 1878), his wife Benta and son Arnold (born 1905)emigrated together and used the last name Rotvik (sometimes spelled Rotvig in America). We have a lot of information on them in America and US census data says that they came to America in 1906.

Marie and Peter's father was Anton Kristian Jorgensen who lived at Rotvik and Marie and Peter sometimes show up as Jorgensen or Antonsen on some of the Norwegian records. I have received excellent records from a family member in Norway and found a lot more records on my own, but I am missing this emigration record.

I am looking for the record of when they left Norway. I would like to know the dates and the name of the ship and port of entry. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Maybe they went to a Canadian port - I don't have access to that.

I already found the record of Marie's second trip from Norway to America in 1913.

Thanks for any help.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
finnwegian 12 Apr 2011 2:51PM GMT 
Brian Gaber 12 Apr 2011 5:28PM GMT 
Brian Gaber 12 Apr 2011 5:45PM GMT 
Brian Gaber 12 Apr 2011 5:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions