I'm trying to find out as much as I can about my family from Farsund. They have been in the area for a long time and I'd like to know more about them, including death info. Here is all that I have:
Ole TOMASEN b. 1820 Farsund, Vest-Agder, Norway. he m. Einger GABRIELSDATTER b. 1816 Farsund, Vest-Agder, Norway. they had at least 5 children:
1) Severin OLSEN b. Farsund
2) Anna Catrine OLSDATTER b. abt 1844 Farsund. she m. 10 Jun 1873 Farsund Church, Farsund to Nils JOHANSEN b. abt 1850 Farsund. *in 1865 both were living in Little Vestregade, Farsund. Nils was the s/o Johannes NILSEN b. abt 1809 Herret Prgj., Norway and Grete AAMONSEN b. abt 1808 Herret Prgj., Norway. (this is my line...children will be listed below)
3) Tomas OLSEN b. 1847 Farsund
4) Gabriel I OLSEN b. 1851 Farsund. he had at least 2 children: Kanne GABRIELSDOTTER and Laura GABRIELSDOTTER
5) Oldrike OLSEN b. 1851 Farsund.
children of #2 Anna and Nils:
1) Unknown Female. i don't know who she married but she had a daughter named Solvig d. 29 Jun 2006 Norway. she m. Unknown KROGENES and had a daughter named Sylvi who lived in Jonsvoll, Norway and I believe is still living.
2) Inger Serine "Rena" OLSDATTER NILSEN "NELSON" b. 20 Jan 1875 Farsund and d. 30 Apr 1955 Woodstock, McHenry Co., IL, USA. she m. 29 Oct 1893 Woodstock, McHenry Co., IL, USA to Oscar OLSON b. 3 Jul 1866 Gottenburg, Sweden and d. 10 Dec 1939 Woodstock, McHenry Co., IL, USA. Rena left Norway on 1 Apr 1892 to come to IL. It doesn't look like any relatives came over with her or if she knew anyone in IL. Her last name was changed to Nelson when she got to the States and she went by Rena here.
I've looked at the Norway digital archives and have found what I can on there...is there any where else I can look in Farsund? I'd love to know how far back my family goes there and when they died, where buried, etc.