Search for content in message boards

Nicoline Isaksdatter and Mathias Mattiasen

Replies: 4

Nicoline Isaksdatter and Mathias Mattiasen

Posted: 28 Nov 2011 6:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Isaksdatter, Mattiasen
Nicoline Isaksdatter born 2 December 1841 in Borre, Vestfold. Her parents were Isak Anderson
& Ingebor Maria Olsdatter.
Mathias Mattiasen was born 24 October 1833 in Holmestrand, Vestfold. His parents were Mathias madsen & Anne Karine Larsdatter.
Nicoline & Mathias were married 27 December 1857 in Borre, Vestfold. They had 2 daughters, Ingeborg Agnette b 1860 and Mathilde Josephine b 1862.
Mathias was variously described as a butcher or a sailor, depending on which record. He came to Australia sometime in the 1860's, we believe as a sailor, where he jumped ship to go to the goldrushes.
Mathias married again in Australia in 1875. His Australian marriage certificate gives a date of death for his first wife Nicoline as 25 September 1873.
I would like to know what happened to Nicoline, and what became of their 2 daughters. I have looked for death records in the Norwegian records at digital arkivvet, also for marriage records for the girls, and searched the census records without success.
We have a letter written to Mathias from his daughter Ingeborg, written from Christiania, in which she writes of her longing for Mathias to send her the money so she can come to Australia to join him. Unfortunately the letter is torn, and the corner where the date would normally be is missing.
If anyone can suggest any other avenues to explore in looking for information on these three, i would appreciate it.
Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
katrina_vince... 28 Nov 2011 1:55PM GMT 
Brian Gaber 28 Nov 2011 6:39PM GMT 
katrina_vince... 28 Nov 2011 10:38PM GMT 
MalcolmMathis... 29 Nov 2011 5:56AM GMT 
katrina_vince... 29 Nov 2011 12:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic