Search for content in message boards

Olson/Peterson from ?

Replies: 26

Re: Olson/Peterson from ?

Posted: 8 May 2013 1:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Brian, you are the BEST! Thank you SO much for sending me that info, as it has helped me explain SO much and also left me with some intriguing mysteries to pursue further! Phillip Olson is indeed my Great-Grandfather. But for some strange reason that I cannot explain, he changed his name to Carl F. Olson at some point before he died. I was able to confirm this via dates that add up, and on my Great-Grandmother Daisy's death cert- her spouse was listed as "Carl." His tombstone reads "Carl F. Olson" and the birthdate lines up with Phillip Olson's birthdate. Plus Daisy is listed as his wife, as you showed me. I just have no clue how or why he went from "Phillip" to "Carl" ... and my Grandmother (Ethel) had a brother named Carl. I wish I could figure out why the name change. But thanks to you, I now know my Great-Great Grandmother was Mary Olson. Last record on her I was able to see had her listed as "widowed" so now I'm gonna try to track down her husband. Then it's on to Norway! Thanks again Brian. You've been a HUGE help to me!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Brian Gaber 8 May 2013 4:07AM GMT 
Mulqueen_Jami... 8 May 2013 7:56AM GMT 
Mulqueen_Jami... 7 May 2013 8:03PM GMT 
Brian Gaber 8 May 2013 4:30AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 8 May 2013 4:38AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 8 May 2013 5:36AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 8 May 2013 6:47AM GMT 
Mulqueen_Jami... 8 May 2013 8:03AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 8 May 2013 8:48AM GMT 
4vivi 8 May 2013 11:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions