Search for content in message boards

Peder Tostensen and Ingeborg Knutsdatter/Knutsdt

Replies: 35

Re: Didn`t get it...

Vicki Walberg (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sorry, I can't imagine what happened it was really weird, when I hit the post it said the page was not available. And then the message disappeared all together, wasn't sure if it went or not. So will try to reconstruct the message.

First, I am really curious about the Tomasdtr. Yes her first born son was Anton Thomas so that would make sense. Hopefully we will get some positive information from the message you posted for help on the Norwegian Digital Archives. I guess you can tell by now that I haven't done alot of research in Norway, still learning. Most of the time I spent trying to verify the information I had from the US without much luck. I wish I had more time to just play around and learn how to use the sites for Norwegian help. I work full time and am caregiver for my parents so I have limited time to enjoy my research, but use it whenever I can. I enjoy it very much.

First you asked about Anna Marie and where she was born. She was born on June 25, 1894. I have a copy of her death certicate from Clackamas Co., Oregon. She pasted away from TB on July 10, 1927 at the Open Air Sanitarium. Her death certificate was filled out by her sister Clara and Clara indicated that Anna Marie was born in Adams, Minnesota and that her mother's maiden name was Skyol. I have seen it as Skeil, Skei, that is why it was so hard to track Anne T. Gravos. Perhaps the names above were farm names.

There is a picture, that is titled Anna Marie Gravos, the child looks to be around 6 mos, maybe less and is dressed in what looks like a christening outfit. In the right hand at the bottom of the picture it says Austin, MN. I am assuming this is where the photo studio was located.

You also said that the researcher stated that both emigrated to the United States in 1882 and showed them married for six years. This is very interesting. The bible shows that in August 17, 1888 that Albert married Kari P. Dales and that Kari died December 27, 1891. It also shows that Anne T. Gravos died January 2, 1908. This would hold true with the 1900 Cresco Iowa Census that I have a copy of, where she is listed as Anne with Albert and some of their children. In 1910 Census, Albert and children are still living in Cresco but Anne is not on the Census...becuase she died in 1908.

So I am wondering how we verify this kind of information further. I wonder who he was married to for six years? Very confusing.

Sometime after Anne's death Albert moved his family to the Willamette Valley, and homesteaded in Vida, Lane Co., Oregon. Albert passed away on February 9, 1929 in Lane Co., Oregon. Alberts death certificate and his obituary do not mention his mother and father nor his wifes parentage. Or wifes maiden name.

I am very anxious to see if anything comes of the message you have sent or the researcher who is helping. We do have Olsens and Jensdatters in our ancestry, but think it may be through Alberts sibilings. I will have to look into my paper work and get back to you on that.

Rumor had it that Kari and Anne were somehow related but have never been able to prove anything.

Must go. Look forward to hearing from you.

Vicki

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Heidi 15 Jul 2002 6:48AM GMT 
Vicki Walberg 16 Jul 2002 12:54AM GMT 
Heidi 16 Jul 2002 7:17AM GMT 
Vicki Walberg 16 Jul 2002 4:06AM GMT 
Heidi 16 Jul 2002 8:34AM GMT 
Heidi 21 Jul 2002 9:27AM GMT 
Vicki Walberg 21 Jul 2002 6:27PM GMT 
Heidi 22 Jul 2002 9:18AM GMT 
Vicki Walberg 22 Jul 2002 3:21PM GMT 
xxRNeitzel386... 22 Feb 2003 1:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions