Search for content in message boards

Asbjornsen's Berte Tuppenhaug

Replies: 6

Re: Asbjornsen's Berte Tuppenhaug

Posted: 23 Jan 2009 11:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Olsen, Madsen, Christiansen
After further review, I see that your find (Folktales of Norway By Reidar Thoralf Christiansen, Pat Shaw
Iversen/Translated by Pat Shaw Iversen) was more help than I originally thought.

Within it (as separate stories) are excerpts from the full length folktale, "Berte's Tuppenhaug". So it has been translated, just broken up in to shorter stories in the retelling. The "Interrupted Huldre Wedding at Melbustad", and "The Man Who Became Huldren" in the work you found, are part of the 'not translated' Norwegian fairytale that we both located on line. There may be others as well. But, I did easily identify those two, in the auto translated version.

So once again, thank you very much. My own research was too narrow in scope; you nailed it for me and the original author of this query.

I was searching for information on the same to assist in identifying & documenting the ancestry of Mads Olsen, Ole Madsen, Christian Olsen, & Carl Christiansen in Norway.

Your find saved me, and I'm sure others, a great deal of time. It is so appreciated!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jackdog93 13 Jul 2008 10:42PM GMT 
TarynMN 16 Jul 2008 3:28AM GMT 
sigemgeorge 15 Jan 2009 6:38PM GMT 
TarynMN 16 Jan 2009 4:34AM GMT 
sigemgeorge 16 Jan 2009 5:12AM GMT 
sigemgeorge 23 Jan 2009 6:19PM GMT 
jackdog93 23 Apr 2013 5:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions