Search for content in message boards

Norway/Swedish ancestory help

Replies: 6

Norway/Swedish ancestory help

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: eliassen olafsen
I am researching my partner's ancestors and have made an important breakthrough but now I need some further help.

We knew her grandfather fought for Australia in WWI and had come from Norway but we didn't know much more than that. Recently we found his complete WWI service record online and found that he had changed his name when he became naturalised before the war. Importantly there was a letter from his brother in the files, detailing his name as K.O Eliassen and his father as Olof Eliassen and mother as Jacobine. We also knew from the records that he was born in 1885 and came from Fredrickstad.

Yesterday I found details of almost certainly this family in an 1885 census for Fredrickstad. In it says her grandfather's real name was Axel Martinius. It also importantly tells dates of birth and that his father and siblings were born in Luur Prgj, Sverige and his mother comes from Tanom Prgj, Sverige. Both I have worked out are Swedish parishes.

My help now is where can I find birth records for Axel and his parents, and or marriage records, to trace back this family further.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nomadtales 27 Oct 2009 10:47PM GMT 
TarynMN 28 Oct 2009 1:28AM GMT 
TarynMN 28 Oct 2009 1:52AM GMT 
TarynMN 28 Oct 2009 2:06AM GMT 
nomadtales 28 Oct 2009 2:58AM GMT 
TarynMN 29 Oct 2009 2:51AM GMT 
jabenson43 29 Oct 2009 2:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions