Search for content in message boards

family contacts in Norway

Replies: 4

Re: family contacts in Norway

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 12:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Many thanks. The album seems to have been given to my grandparents by some of the people in the pictures - I am lead to believe that my grandparents paid for the 2 younger people to travel with them. Different older people which seem to be close friends or business friends appear in many of the pictures as they go from place to place - my grandfather did business in steel and telecommunications. The 'holiday' has pictures of Stavanger, Bergen, the rail trip from Bergen to Oslo including a picture at Finse, Oslo and the tourist features, staying at the Hotel Bristol and it looks like they had a chauffeur whilst in Oslo.
The pictures are then from Sweden with a name Marianne Eriksson under one of them with pictures of more peopl and some sightseeing in Stockholm and then a picture with the name Mrs Lowenhjelm, and another car which seems to eb owned by the people they are with. The people in the pictures all look wel dressed.

Based on the info above, I ought to post on a Swedish-related site as well. I was wondering if it is worth posting any of the pictures to help solve the mystery. There seems to have been a business relationship between my grandfather and father and the company AB Ferrolegeringar (I have a slab of iron ore as a paperwieght with the name of the company, ensignia, my grandfather's name and the dates 1913-1963 on it) althgouh when I contacted them there were no records.

Many thanks for your help in trying to get a better understanding of the life of my grandparents and the people they knew.

It may be that the relationships here goes back throguh generations to the time when my grandfather and his brother spent 1 year in Scandinavia (?Sweden).

Not sure

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mcmillanfamil... 30 Nov 2012 9:36AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 30 Nov 2012 2:32PM GMT 
mcmillanfamil... 30 Nov 2012 7:36PM GMT 
mcmillanfamil... 30 Nov 2012 7:39PM GMT 
mcmillanfamil... 30 Nov 2012 7:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic