Search for content in message boards

Help reading names on a marriage record

Replies: 10

Re: Help reading names on a marriage record

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 8:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Dec 2012 1:17AM GMT
Thank you for the walk-through! I had a hard time trying to find farms on that site.

I looked at the other link and remembered that I found some probate records for another family in my tree. Some of the handwriting is too hard to read. What would be the best way to decipher the writing? I already know a bit about that family so it's more of a curiosity than something that I really need to know.

I am also interested in more about Peder and Anne's parents, like when were they born, where were they from, how many children did they have. There is a Klevstad farm in the Kvam area on the 1801 census, but there is no Peder Sr. and no Buøien farm. There is a Slette farm in the Vågå area, too, but I don't recognize the names.

I'm not sure how to find more about Anne's mother Ingebjør and Peder's mother Rønog. The Fron/Kvam church records start at 1816 and the Fron ones start at 1799; the main Vågå records start in 1736. Should I try to find their marriage records first then look for any additional children?

Norwegian genealogy is still very new to me so I apologize if I am missing something obvious!

Thanks again.

edit: I Googled "Buøien" and found a "Buøyen," which led me to a father named Klevstad, whose parents were Peder Pedersen Botten and Rønnaug Østensdatter Vassrusten. There is a farm called Botten just outside of Kvam.

Peder and Rønnaug had a son, Peder Pedersen Buøyen, born 30 March 1824. No spouse or children are named. Here is the link:

http://www.onshus.no/getperson.php?personID=I131392&tree...

I have found several relatives on that site, both from Vågå and Sør-Fron. Does anyone know of any similar sites?

There is this, too:
http://forum.arkivverket.no/topic/157768-72419-bueroeien-i-f...

Unfortunately, Google's translation didn't come out perfect.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
red0bike 2 Dec 2012 1:17AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 2 Dec 2012 6:45AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 2 Dec 2012 6:57AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 2 Dec 2012 7:10AM GMT 
red0bike 2 Dec 2012 8:55AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 2 Dec 2012 10:24AM GMT 
thoraway 2 Dec 2012 4:49PM GMT 
red0bike 3 Dec 2012 3:45AM GMT 
thoraway 3 Dec 2012 4:41PM GMT 
thoraway 3 Dec 2012 5:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions