Search for content in message boards

Help identifying Kvinnherad, Hordaland, farm name

Replies: 15

Re: Help identifying Kvinnherad, Hordaland, farm name

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 7:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Geir,

First let me say that I am overwhelmed, but immensely appreciative, of the extensive research you took the time to do on my behalf. While I have not yet taken time to look at the civil records you examined for additional support, I will do that soon. I confess that because I do not speak or read Norwegian, I have avoided the online civil records.

I will note that in my research the past several days I did come across several additional records with the word "skoleholder" used after the patronymic name. Thank you for identifying that word for me.

I am pleased that you identified Hans with family on the Fugelberg farm. That would have been my tentative choice based on the research that I am able to do. One additional piece of supporting evidence for me was the name of one of the engagement sponsors, Lars Fugleberg.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=11552&...

Your help will let me work further back in family ancestry for my cousin. We have two grandmothers who were sisters, and I am researching the ancestry of my cousin's grandfather. When I document the work for her I will give you credit for supporting documentation.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful help.

Richard

By the way, would you perhaps be Geir Moen, whose name I've seen on the DIS-Hordaland web site?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Naitsirk 5 Mar 2013 9:07PM GMT 
rlchrist41 6 Mar 2013 2:39AM GMT 
Naitsirk 9 Mar 2013 9:36AM GMT 
rlchrist41 16 Mar 2013 5:42PM GMT 
rlchrist41 2 Mar 2013 3:49PM GMT 
thoraway 2 Mar 2013 5:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions