Search for content in message boards

Missing deaths, possibly died in quarantine in Ontario?

Replies: 12

Re: Missing deaths, possibly died in quarantine in Ontario?

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 1:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Olsen, Skjæggestadhagen, Skjeggestadhagen, Skogstad, Skjeggestad, Gunderson
Yes, that's my understanding from the obituary. Martine's mom is Lise Iversdatter Skjeggestadhagen. Mom (Martine's granddaughter), seems to remember talk that [Martine] was sent to LaCrosse, WI to live with Carl Skogstad and his wife. And from there was brought back to her father, John G(underson) Skjeggestad, in Flandreau, SD. Lise and John were never married as far as I can tell from church records in Norway or later in USA so it's hard to determine what the actual relationship was between them. Not much evidently. (Church records show two kids with a different mother and not married) I believe John's sister raised Martine. The sister doesn't appear to have every married. I have never been able to locate death or grave for Martine's mother, Lise Iversdatter Skjeggestadhagen or her mother, Kari Simensdtr Brettingsbakken. I know that Iver Olsen Skjæggestadhagen died at sea, but I don't really know if he was actually buried at sea (assuming yes, but what happens when they do that? just nothing? no gravestone anywhere?) And after the main breadwinner died in those days (i think he was retired already though)...what happened to his wife (Kari) and why did Lise (their daughter) die so young? And where are they buried? I can't pull up any records on either death. Possibly changed names...but...how could I find that?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
privateprivat... 4 May 2013 2:18PM GMT 
barbdale_1 24 Sep 2013 5:58AM GMT 
privateprivat... 24 Sep 2013 7:02AM GMT 
falsterden 4 Oct 2013 2:45PM GMT 
barbdale_1 4 Oct 2013 4:46PM GMT 
falsterden 4 Oct 2013 7:12PM GMT 
sandra brugge... 6 Oct 2013 7:03AM GMT 
sandra brugge... 6 Oct 2013 6:49AM GMT 
sandra brugge... 6 Oct 2013 7:08AM GMT 
falsterden 6 Oct 2013 1:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions