Search for content in message boards

looking for great grandfather who might have come from Norway 1873 to USA

Replies: 3

looking for great grandfather who might have come from Norway 1873 to USA

Posted: 21 Nov 2013 6:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson/ Norway/Grandfather
I would like for someone to see if they have a person in their ancestry tree that resembles my person although the name may have been changed once in the USA. My great grandfathers name was Charles C Johnson, name could have been changed to this. He was born in Dec 1855 and it said Sweden although Sweden did rule Norway at one time. I do not know where or what his parents names would have been. I had one relative that said he was told Charles was from Norway. He settled in Menominee county Michigan USA and had his family there. He died in Rhinelander Wisconsin in 1942. I tried to get his naturalization papers from MI, but the state said there were so many Charles Johnson's in that county in that time span, they would never be sure they had the right one for me. And they didn't require much information on the papers at that time.
I had a Johnson male take the YDNA test and I do not have any Johnsons there. That is why I think he changed his name to this name. So if you have anyone on your tree that resembles these dates or have a match with my tree, or the birth date or immigration date let me know. Thank you. The immigration date might be off a bit or his birth date, on the marriage certificate showed in 1882 he was 25. Unless it was a mistake all other records but one had 1855 the one different had 1853.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Virginiars123 22 Nov 2013 1:25AM GMT 
Brian Gaber 22 Nov 2013 4:36AM GMT 
thoraway 22 Nov 2013 3:26PM GMT 
TarynMN 27 Nov 2013 11:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions