Search for content in message boards

Myklebost / Bjerkeset

Replies: 41

Re: Myklebost / Bjerkeset

Posted: 16 Aug 2014 7:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
We are searching for the same lines.

My husband is descended from Marlene's brother Ole Bjerkeset. He had two sons. Ole Bernhardt Bjerkeseth immigrated to Wisconsin where he continued to work as a fisherman, and died fairly young. Peder remained in Norway - if I searched him correct. He is listed as Peder Birkseth in the cemetery records. (My husbands grandfather) Ole Bernhardt Berkseth's first son names one of his daughters Marlene. Just thought that was interesting, perhaps they were still in contact?

I have been working on my tree for years. It has been difficult to wrap my head around the no family last name thing, in the Scandinavian lines. After reading your threads I was able to explain it to my husband. I have been back tracking trying to find the documentation for the information I found on familysearch.com for this line of his tree. But looking at the birth records is making my eyes cross. The census records have been a great help. At least my computer can translate that.

From familysearch I came across Ole Olsen Bjerkeset parents were Ole Knutson Gammelseter and Malena Olsdtr Indergaard. But its unsubstantiated, I have not come across the census records to back it up.

I had him do the dna - but there are very few people that have researched out their lines outside of the United States. My husbands tree is online - but most definitely a work in progress. I appreciate the help you received, here in these posts.

Wendy Berkseth
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
peder27 8 May 2014 6:54AM GMT 
WBerkseth 16 Aug 2014 1:10PM GMT 
falsterden 16 Aug 2014 5:38PM GMT 
falsterden 16 Aug 2014 5:50PM GMT 
WBerkseth 16 Aug 2014 7:25PM GMT 
falsterden 16 Aug 2014 9:35PM GMT 
WBerkseth 17 Aug 2014 3:23AM GMT 
falsterden 18 Aug 2014 6:30PM GMT 
falsterden 19 Aug 2014 8:43PM GMT 
WBerkseth 20 Aug 2014 12:18AM GMT