Search for content in message boards

Emigration help Norway, Sweden, USA,

Replies: 0

Emigration help Norway, Sweden, USA,

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rennemo/Solem/Loberg/Ystmark
Can anyone find emigration/immigration of GUSTAVE ADOLPH RENNEMO?
Born 15 Nov 1896, ?? Nord Tronderlag, Norway. Died 28 Jun 1972, Manhattan, New York City, NY, USA.

Gustave Rennemo was a brother of Lilly Rennemo Solem, born 14 Oct 1914, Sparbu, Norway. They are descendants of Iver Andrassen Loberg and Ane Marta Andreasdtr Ystmark.

I know from 1940 New York census he had lived in same residence in 1935. His death record says widowed.

Gustave Adolph left his family at a young age and never contacted them again. The family searched thru Salvation Army, learning he went to USA, back to Norway, maybe to Sweden and then nothing more.

He may have been a sailor or served in a war. He registered for the USA draft for WWII.

On all his records in USA, he used the correct spelling of Rennemo. In 1940 he used Gus for his first name and his wife's name was Mary. I have not found him in 1930 USA census. I have found no more about Mary Rennemo, either. Gustave worked as a superintendant of apartment buildings.

Thanks for any information.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions