Search for content in message boards

Svartra assistance - "Josefina"

Replies: 1

Svartra assistance - "Josefina"

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 11:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bartholdsson, Johnson, Svennson
I have been puzzled by the appearance of "Josefina" on the household record GID: 1843.2.17300 Svartrå, Halland 1878-1888

The family is Bartold Johan Svensson (my ggg grandfather), his second wife Inger Kristina Kaspersdotter and then four of his children with first wife (Peter, Beata, Johan and Josephina).

At the bottom, there's a female by the name of Josefina with a birth date, I believe, of 23 April 1853 in Svartra. I have not been able to locate this birth. There is a birth for a Josephina Olivia in April 1853; however, that person belongs to a different family and appears to have died prior to this household examination.

We recently located the obituary of my Johan Alfred (the brother to my gg grandfather Peter August). On the obituary, it notes that there were eight brothers and sisters that passed away prior to his death.

What a mystery. We have located Anna Charlotta, Beata Lovisa, Peter August, Johan Alfred and Sven Carl who all came to the US.

If anyone able to decipher the language on this and correspondence records, I would certainly appreciate it. I would like to give "Josefina" a home on my tree if she belongs.

Thank you,

Sandi
Wisconsin, USA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
skaduce 22 Jul 2012 5:41AM GMT 
martin48115 22 Jul 2012 12:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions