Search for content in message boards

Gustafson sisters

Replies: 4

Gustafson sisters

Posted: 25 May 2013 11:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gustafson, Lundberg, Josephson, Carlson
I am looking for any information that may help me uncover questions about my great great grandmother, her oldest two daughters and her sister. Gr-gr grandmother's name is Amelia/Emilie Victoria Gustafson, possibly married a Joseph(f)son while residing in Iowa 1900-1912, moved to Nebraska (Phelps Co, Burt Co., and Douglas Co) and married a Lundberg. She came to the US in 1898 at the age of 10 yrs 2 months with her older sister Helena Gustafson who was returning to Burt Co. NE. Helena originally came to the US in 1890 and listed that she was returning home in 1898 to Burt Co., NE and friends Antin Munson (found his family in the 1900 census but not Helena). By 1900 Amelia/Emilie was in an orphange in Stanton, Montgomery Co., Iowa. In the 1910 census she was living with three Anderson brothers in Iowa, but using the name Josephson. In 1912 she gave birth to Karolyn Josephson and in 1916 she gave birth to my grandmother, Violet Rose.

Helena and Amelia came from (stated on their ticket/admission form) Mulmohue Sweden. I have searched for more information on the Gustafson family but I cannot find anything for them. I did find a Helena Gustafson born 3 May 1872 (all info that I have was that she was born in 1872 on both admission cards to the US) in Linneryd, Kronsberg, Sweden. It lists this Helena's parent as Carl August Gustafson and Thilda Olofsdotter. I know that mostly the families stayed in the same area their full lives, or so it seems with my other Swedish ancestors so not sold on the possibility of this being the same family. Just looking at the dates.

ANYONE who could help me, give me a clue etc would be greatly appreciated. Amelia had mental health issues and died in a mental hospital, she had a daughter with mental illness as well. I would love to know her family history as my grandmother was adopted when about 6 weeks old and never knew her mother or siblings.

Thanks and sorry for the length! Laurie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
duncanlaurie9... 26 May 2013 5:19AM GMT 
martin48115 26 May 2013 6:55AM GMT 
martin48115 26 May 2013 2:52PM GMT 
martin48115 26 May 2013 3:01PM GMT 
Duncan_Laurie 27 May 2013 4:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions