Search for content in message boards

Larsons in Falkenberg 2

Replies: 8

Larsons in Falkenberg 2

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 3:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Larson
My grandmother emigrated from Sweden through Ellis Island in about 1912. Her name was Selma Larson and lived in Falkenberg. She was only 16 on the ship (born 4/25/1896).She was joining her older sister, Anna,who aleady was living in Bradford, PA, had married another Swede, Edwin or Edward Johnson and had at least one child, David I think, at that point. My grandmother had told me that Anna had entered and won a contest "for the healthiest girl in Sweden, " and the prize was to go to the United States. I cannot substantiate that, but it seems like years ago I read something that appeared similar. The only other details I know about the family was that her Father's name was John (Johan may be the spelling) and that the girls also had two brothers. My grandmother was the youngest. I can't remember the names of the mother or the two boys. I do have one picture of the entire family that I would have to scan in order to post. My grandmother also told me some details. For example, they grew some of their food, they had a cow, they ate lots of herring. They wore wooden shoes (she hated them), May Day was an important holiday, and her father "worked for an undertaker" (her word). She also used to tell us that several of her relatives became professional people (professors, etc.). I assume her mother, father and brothers were all buried in a Swedish cemetery. Any additional help is appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Frohep54 9 Feb 2013 10:03PM GMT 
JOBaouab 9 Feb 2013 11:09PM GMT 
JOBaouab 9 Feb 2013 11:21PM GMT 
JOBaouab 9 Feb 2013 11:34PM GMT 
JOBaouab 9 Feb 2013 11:41PM GMT 
JOBaouab 9 Feb 2013 11:43PM GMT 
JOBaouab 9 Feb 2013 11:54PM GMT 
JOBaouab 10 Feb 2013 12:00AM GMT 
JOBaouab 10 Feb 2013 12:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions