Search for content in message boards

Need SERIOUS Help Anders Lindelof--son of Sven Anders Glad

Replies: 11

Need SERIOUS Help Anders Lindelof--son of Sven Anders Glad

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2013 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Lindelof Glad Erickson
I have had a nice person on the Sweden board helping me but even HE is stumped and suggested I ask for help here. Here is a link to my tree @ Anders G Lindelof.

------http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/24497230/person/1526852007------

Please see my tree for tons of info about him. His first job that I can find in USA was a machinist, so it is possible he learned that trade in Sweden. He later went on to become an engineer and invented the Steam Roller.

Here is the problem. Fathers name (Sven Anders Glad, married to Anna) does not correspond to child's name (Anders G Lindelof).

My cousin remembers her mother explaining to her when she was a child that "sometimes when people are poor they send their children to live with another family to learn a trade".

I suspect Anders Lindelof was actually apprenticed to a family named Lindelof and adopted that as his last name.

My cousin remembers her mother telling her that if it had not been for Anders being sent to the other family to learn a trade, her last name would have been Glad.

I have researched and seen that Glad was a name often given to people serving in the military but have been told that without the year of service, one would not be able to locate him that way.

Anders mother is reported (on death cert) to be Anna-last name unknown.

Anders married Mary Erickson, but I do not know if that was in USA or in Sweden. I would also like to find out info about Mary Erickson, but I am pretty much at a standstill.

Without more information I cannot move forward on this family, so if there is someone out there who can help me figure this out, I would appreciate it.

I do not have access any longer to international on ancestry but had looked previously and did not get any help there, and I cannot find Anders immigration info although he reports on census to have entered country 1862-1863.

I have a LOT of info about Anders in the USA, but am totally stumped on finding him and family in Sweden AND I cannot make heads or tails out of Swedish records. The friend helping me has sent me some Swedish records to look at and I just could not understand them at all (he did not find the correct records though he thinks).

I DO hope someone out there can help me locate his parents, wife, siblings etc. I am at a total loss, and the person helping me is quite good and HE is so stumped he suggested I ask for help here.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wrdsrus 21 Mar 2013 7:12PM GMT 
JOBaouab 22 Mar 2013 12:54AM GMT 
wrdsrus 22 Mar 2013 2:40AM GMT 
JOBaouab 22 Mar 2013 3:36AM GMT 
Lundpe 22 Mar 2013 4:51AM GMT 
wrdsrus 22 Mar 2013 5:49PM GMT 
wrdsrus 22 Mar 2013 6:05PM GMT 
JOBaouab 22 Mar 2013 6:41PM GMT 
JOBaouab 22 Mar 2013 7:18PM GMT 
wrdsrus 22 Mar 2013 7:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions