Search for content in message boards

Please try to read these 2 birth records.

Replies: 3

Re: Please try to read these 2 birth records.

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 3:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Apr 2013 3:57PM GMT
For the Oct. 6 baptism, I'm going to go with the child's name as Swen Nilsson. Parents were soldier Nils Lundberg and wife Karin Simonsdotter from Grysshult. Looks like Swen was born 21 September.

Swen (sometimes spelled Swän, although not in this example) is one of those really tough names to decipher. That's because the way it is usually written only the first letter is in any way distinctive and the rest of the letters are a sort of a "mush." You basically have to squint at many examples of it until one day your brain sorta "gets it". Once you do, then it becomes relatively straightforward to identify. There is a chance the child's name is actually Simon but I'm going to stick with Swen.

As for the Oct. 27 baptism, how about J??? Eliasson? I am not at all certain the given name is Jan/Jon/Johan but maybe? Born 19 October. Parents Elias Simonsson and wife Stina Sw??k?sdotter in Ryd. Stina's patronym eludes me.

The names in the second birth may be more common in the south of Sweden. My research experience is almost exclusively in the middle and northern regions.

Jeff
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ses125 20 Apr 2013 2:52PM GMT 
jabenson43 20 Apr 2013 9:30PM GMT 
bohjohan 21 Apr 2013 3:12PM GMT 
ses125 22 Apr 2013 1:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions