Search for content in message boards

Trip Suggestions Needed

Replies: 3

Trip Suggestions Needed

Posted: 13 May 2013 12:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'll be in Sweden for three weeks in June. I will be in Stockholm for a few days and then I'm driving across the country to Dalsland. I don't have a lot of time which is unbooked. Oh, so much Sweden and so little time! ;-) I know I'd like just about anything I see but I am unsure of where to go and still not be late for the Dalsland part of the trip.

I'm leaving Stockholm on Monday, 10 June, and going to the following event on Thursday. 13 June. It has been extended a couple of days because of Midsummer.

http://www.lilleskogen.se/dalsland.htm

My plans are fairly set after the event. I'll be in Göteborg for a couple days and will take a train back to Stockholm for my flight the next day. It is just a few days which aren't yet planned.

I don't know how much time I'd need to go to Öland or Gotland. I might need to save them for a different trip. Several people who married into our family were born in Öland and it would be fun to go there, but Gotland (especially Visby) also interests me although no one in our family lived there.

I can't decide what I have time to see before this Dalsland event. I want to see a lot of things, but I don't have a lot of time to see everything. (That means I will need to return, of course. That is fine with me. I love Sweden.)

Most of my ancestry is in parishes in Dalsland, where I've been before, and my farmor was born in Stockholm and I've touched the building in Gamla Stan where she lived for a while. I know I can find plenty to do in Stockholm. I'll go to places I didn't have time for previously and I still won't see everything I want to see.

Farmor's ancestry a few generations back is in Skaraborg: Hova, Amnehärad, Hassle, Lyrestad, etc. They are the side of my family which moved all the time, so I would just like to drive the area. I don't have the same emotional attachment to that area as I do in Dalsland where my ancestors lived for generations, especially in Frändefors and Brålanda.

I think that Bohuslän would be nice to see.

My cousin's mom's parents were from the Vetlanda area, so Småland also interests me.

I know others can't decide for me, but are there any suggestions of places I really should not miss? (Remember that I don't have a lot of time to get from Stockholm to Dalsland.)

Tack så mycket!

Judy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JOBaouab 13 May 2013 6:36PM GMT 
isulv 13 May 2013 9:38PM GMT 
JOBaouab 14 May 2013 8:06PM GMT 
isulv 14 May 2013 9:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions