Search for content in message boards

McLaren family in Demerara, Guyana.

Replies: 11

Re: McLaren family in Demerara, Guyana.

Posted: 7 Apr 2014 9:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Apr 2014 9:51PM GMT
I am a descendent of the Annie McLaren mentioned in the the posts above and I posses the same photograph as the one of the younger creole woman that was posted in this thread. My research shows that Alexander McLaren had a son Donald Alexander McLaren in Guyana by his first wife, Ann Lockett. Donald Alexander returned to Scotland and lived in Greenock on the Esplanade. Alexander McLaren had several children by his second wife who was Fatima Pan (or Parr.. but on most records I see from Scotland it seems to be spelled as Pan). In order the children I know about are Alexander Duff McLaren, Annie McLaren, Isabella McLaren, Mary McLaren, John McLaren and Peter McLaren. The first three definitely returned to Scotland for school and married and settled there. My ancestor, Annie McLaren married Alexander Philip and eventually moved to Canada, living in Victoria, New Westminster, and North Vancouver. From some old family records, I have it that Peter McLaren had two daughters names Mary and Edith. Attached is the photo I have of Annie McLaren, plus a photo of her children, one of whom is my maternal maternal grandmother.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CaNorthgraves 15 Jul 2013 4:02PM GMT 
kevinhuscroft 8 Apr 2014 3:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic